The measurement of particle size distribution is now considered a routine test throughout multiple industries and can be critical to the success of your formulated product. For example, particle size distributions have influence on physiochemical properties such as:
- Efficacy of delivery in pharmaceutical applications
- Stability in suspensions/emulsions
- Viscosity of liquid/aerosol applications
- Reactivity or dissolution rate
- Flowability of powders/granules
- Appearance – e.g. powder coatings/inks
VxP Pharma offers valuable testing equipment for multiple types of particle size analyses and characterization from nanometer to millimeter range in particle size diameter via laser diffraction, microscopic and separation methods. Please call us for the OC lab’s current equipment list.
Particle Sizing Equipment
- Laser Diffraction Particle Size Analyzer with Powder/Liquid Modules
- Microscope Particle Morphology Analyzer
- Sonic Sifter/Separator
When you select our particle sizing services, you can be confident that our past experience with multiple product formats and current techniques/instruments will provide accurate data, a quick turn-around time and require relatively small sample quantities to perform each test.
Laser diffraction is a widely used particle sizing technique for materials ranging from hundreds of nanometers up to several millimeters in size. The main reasons for its success are:
- Wide dynamic range – from submicron to the millimeter size range
- Rapid measurements – results generated in less than a minute
- Repeatability – large numbers of particles are sampled in each measurement
- Instant feedback – monitor and control the particle dispersion process
- High sample throughput – hundreds of measurements per day
- Calibration not necessary – easily verified using standard reference materials
- Well established technique – covered by ISO13320 (2009)
Our state-of-the-art labs are staffed by some of the best trained and most experienced subject matter experts in the field.